Take a taste of %23CentralMarket:
Steak With Mexican Chocolate and Ancho Mole Sauce
- 1 cup Native Texan Brand Salsa Fire Roasted Salsa
- 1/2 cup Central Market Organics chicken broth
- 1/3 cup chopped Mexican chocolate
- 2 tbsp raisins
- 1 pinch ground cinnamon
- 1 pinch grated nutmeg
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter, cold
- 4 Central Market Natural Angus Beef rib-eye or New York strip steaks, cut 1 1/4 inches thick
For the mole sauce: Combine first 6 ingredients in a medium saucepan. Stir and cook over medium heat 3 to 4 minutes until chocolate melts. Transfer to blender and puree until smooth. Return to saucepan; season with salt and pepper, to taste. Remove from heat.
Season steaks with salt and pepper. Spread 1/2 tablespoon sauce over each side of steaks; marinate 1 hour.
Heat charcoal 30 minutes until covered with a light layer of gray ash. Heat gas grill on high 10 minutes with lid closed; reduce gas to medium and cook with lid open. Grill steaks directly over medium heat 7 to 10 minutes per side. Remove when a meat thermometer inserted horizontally into the center reads 140° F for medium-rare.
Let steaks rest 5 minutes before serving. Bring sauce to a simmer over low heat. Whisk in butter. Serve warm mole with steaks.
Test grill temperature by holding palm just above grate at cooking height. If heat causes you to pull away in 4 seconds, temperature is ideal (375°F grill surface).