- 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper
- 1 tbsp fresh Italian parsley, chopped
- 1 tbsp basil, cut in chiffonade
- 1 28 oz. can San Marzano tomatoes, drained, seeded, and chopped or 2 pounds roma tomatoes, peeled, seeded and chopped
- 36 small cherrystone clams
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
Bring 4 quarts of water and 1 tablespoon of salt to a boil. In a large skillet, sauté the garlic until golden. Add the tomatoes and red pepper and cook for 15 minutes. Stir in the basil and parsley. Add clams to the tomatoes. Cover and cook over low heat for 5 minutes or until clams open. Discard any clams that have not opened. Season with salt and pepper.
While the seafood is cooking, place the linguine in the boiling water and cook 9 minutes or until al dente. Drain and DO NOT rinse. Toss with the clam sauce and serve immediately.