- 4 Central Market Natural Angus Beef New York Strip or Ribeye Steaks, cut 1 1/4 inches thick
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp butter, unsalted
- 1/4 cup onion, finely diced
- 1 tbsp shallot, finely diced
- 1 1/2 cups Cabernet or dry red wine
- 1/4 tsp ground sea salt
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1/4 cup pine nuts (optional)
- 1 1/2 oz dark chocolate, chopped
Season both sides of steaks with sea salt and black pepper; set aside. Heat charcoal 30 minutes until covered with a light layer of gray ash. Heat gas grill on high 10 minutes with lid closed; reduce gas to medium and cook with lid open.
Meanwhile, heat a 2-quart saucepan over medium heat. Add olive oil and butter. Sauté onion and shallots 2 minutes. Add wine, salt, and pepper; boil 2 to 3 minutes until reduced by half. Add blueberries and pine nuts; reduce heat to medium-low. Simmer until berries “pop,” stirring occasionally. Turn off heat and set aside.
Grill steaks directly over medium heat 7 to 10 minutes per side. Remove when a meat thermometer inserted horizontally into the center reads 140 degrees for medium-rare.
Let steaks rest 2-5 minutes before serving. While steaks rest, heat sauce over medium-low heat. Stir in chocolate until just melted. Serve sauce over steaks