- 2 large eggs
- 1 tbsp milk
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter, cut into tbsp. and softened
- 1 cup onion, finely chopped
- 2 tsp fresh basil, chopped
- 1/2 cup oil-packed, sun-dried tomatoes, drained
- 3 oz fresh goat cheese
- 1 9-inch frozen pie shell
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Pinch of freshly ground black pepper
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Melt butter in a medium skillet over medium-low heat. Add onion and sauté until pale golden, about 12 minutes.
Whisk cream, eggs, milk, basil, salt, and pepper in large bowl to blend. Place pie shell in pan on a heavy, large baking sheet. Spoon onion into crust. Add sun-dried tomatoes and crumbled goat cheese. Ladle enough of the egg mixture into the crust to nearly reach the top. Bake until golden brown and puffed, about 30 minutes. Cook on rack about 20 minutes before serving.