- 1 package or bunch of fresh basil
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 1/4 cup pecans (walnuts, pine nuts or pistachios)
- 1-2 cloves of garlic
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, ribboned with a peeler
- 16 oz angel hair pasta, prepared as directed
Rinse basil, lightly shake off excess water, and remove leaves from stems. (Handle carefully so leaves won’t bruise and turn black.)
In a blender or food processor, combine basil leaves, nuts, garlic and half the oil and puree. Add the remainder of the oil and continue blending until the mixture is a thin paste. Stir in the cheese and let the flavors meld together. At this time add additional oil if you want a thinner mixture. Toss with cooked angel hair pasta and serve.