Take a taste of %23CentralMarket:
Cook Time: 1 Hr 0 Min
- 2 tbsp of butter, unsalted
- 2 tbsp of olive oil
- 2 shallots, whole
- 3/4 cup of mushrooms, sliced
- 2 pkgs of demi-glace
- Splash of red wine or Cognac (optional)
- 1 1/2 oz of truffle mousse pati (optional)
- 3 tbsp of olive oil
- 2 tbsp butter, unsalted
- 6 sheets, puff pastry, thawed
- 2 eggs, beaten
- Salt and pepper
- Parchment paper
Duxelles: Prepare demi-glace per package directions.
Place butter and olive oil in a heavy saute pan over medium heat. Finely mince shallots and mushrooms; add to butter and olive oil and saute until tender.
Add a splash of red wine or cognac and 1/4 cup demi-glace; cook until all liquids have evaporated. Set pan aside and allow to cool.
Once cool, place pan over medium heat and incorporate pate.
Duxelles can be prepared the day before or morning of.