Take a taste of %23CentralMarket:
Apple Hatch Bison Meatballs
Prep Time: 30 Min
Cook Time: 30 Min
- 1 cup of roasted Hatch poblano pesto (available in Chef Prepared during the Hatch Chile Festival)
- 2 tbsp of olive oil
- 1 1/2 lbs of bison meat, ground
- 4 Hatch chiles, mild or hot, seeded and chopped
- Salt and pepper
- 1 Granny Smith apple, finely chopped
- 1 tsp of cinnamon
- 1 tbsp of fresh sage, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp of fresh mint, finely chopped
- 1 cup of pecans, toasted and ground
In a mixing bowl, combine all ingredients thoroughly, except oil. Make desired size of meatballs. Cover and refrigerate.
Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Saute meatballs in batches until well browned on all sides. Be careful not to overcook.