- 1 3/4 cup blue corn tortillas (about half of a 22 oz bag)
- 4 tbsp butter
- 2 tsp honey
- 8 mild Hatch chiles, roasted, peeled, seeded and chopped
- 1 1/2 cups sour cream
- 1 lb cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/2 lb monterey jack cheese, grated
- 1/2 lb sharp white cheddar cheese, grated
- 2 large eggs
- 1 chipotle pepper in adobo sauce
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground pepper
- 2 ripe peaches, peeled, pitted and coarsely chopped
- 1 ripe avocado, coarsely chopped
- 1 Hatch chile, peeled, seeded and coarsely chopped
- 1/2 medium red onion, chopped
- 1/2 medium green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 tbsp cilantro, chopped
- 1 tsp lime zested
- Juice of 2 limes
- 1 tsp sugar or honey
Preheat oven to 325°F.
To make the crust, grind the tortilla chips in a food processor until about the consistency of bread crumbs. Melt butter. In a medium bowl, stir the chips into the butter. Add honey and mix well. Coat a 9 or 10-inch springform pan with cooking spray. Press the mixture into bottom of the pan and set aside.
Remove the skins from the roasted peppers, remove seeds and chop finely. In a stand-up mixer or a large bowl with a hand mixer, beat the cream cheese, Monterey Jack, cheddar, and sour cream until smooth. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each. Mash the chipotle pepper with a fork into a paste and add to the cheese mixture. Mix well. Fold in the peppers, cilantro, salt and pepper. Pour mixture into the prepared pan and bake in the center of the oven for 45 minutes to 1 hour, checking after 45 minutes. Cake should be golden and puffed and just set in the center.
Remove from the oven and cool completely on a rack before unmolding and serving.
For the salsa, combine the peaches, avocado, hatch chile, red onion, bell pepper and cilantro in a bowl. In a smaller bowl, whisk together the zest of one lime, fresh lime juice and sugar. Pour over the peach/avocado/chile mixture and toss lightly. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve the cheesecake in individual servings and top with salsa.