- 2 tbsp minced shallots
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 1/2 cups shiltake mushrooms, stemmed, minced
- 1/2 tsp minced fresh thyme
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/8 tsp pepper
- 1 tbsp brandy or madeira
- 1 tbsp minced fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup egg substitute
- 1/4 cup skim milk
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat Swiss cheese, minced
- 2 tbsp fat-free cream cheese, softened
- 2 strips Applewood smoked bacon, crisp-fried, crumbled
Saute shallots in oil in a heavy skillet until they begin to color. Add the garlic and mushrooms and cook for 2 to 3 minutes. Stir in thyme, sea salt, pepper, and brandy. Cook until liquid has almost evaporated. Stir in parsley. Remove from heat and cool.
Combine egg substitute, milk, and cheeses in a bowl and mix well. Fold cheese mixture and bacon into the mushroom mixture.
Spoon evenly into phyllo cups. Place cups on a baking sheet. Bake at 325 degrees for 15 minutes.