- 1 red bell pepper, roasted, peeled and sliced into thin strips
- 1 small jar sun-dried tomatoes in oil
- 1/4 cup toasted pine nuts
- 4 tbsp butter, softened (2 sticks)
- 1/2 lb cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 lb provolone cheese, thinly sliced
Mix cream cheese and butter with a fork. Add pesto and mix well. Line a small bowl (3 cup) with plastic wrap, leaving several inches of overhang on each side. Place a thin layer of provolone slices on the bottom and up the sides of the bowl. Spread 1/3 of the cream cheese mixture over the provolone and, on top, arrange one-third each of the sun-dried tomatoes, bell pepper strips, and toasted pine nuts. Repeat layers until all ingredients are used, reserving some of the pine nuts to sprinkle on top. Chill overnight or for several days. Serve at toom temperature on a platter garnished with sprigs of fresh basil. NOTE: Torta may be inverted or not.