- Dash of cayenne pepper
- 18 large oysters, scrubbed & shucked
- Kosher or rock salt for layering
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp fresh tarragon, chopped
- Zest of 1 lemon, grated
- 1 1/2 tsp undiluted orange juice concentrate
- 1/2 cup creme fraiche or fresh yogurt
Preheat the broiler. In the bowl of an electric mixer on medium-high speed, beat the Crème Fraîche or sour cream until soft peaks form. Stir in the tarragon, lemon zest, orange juice concentrate, salt and cayenne; set aside.
Place a 1/4-inch layer of salt on a rimmed baking sheet. Gently press the oyster shells into the salt to hold them in place. Broil the oysters 6 inches from the heat source for 1 to 2 minutes, or just until they begin to release their juices and the edges are beginning to curl. Remove from the broiler and top with a spoonful of the Crème Fraîche . Serve immediately.