- 2 lbs baby carrots, packaged and peeled
- 32 oz low sodium chicken or vegetable broth
- 6 roasted mild Hatch chiles, seeded and chopped
- 1 roasted hot Hatch chile, seeded and chopped
- 1 sweet onion, diced
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp fresh grated ginger root
- 2 1/2 cups whole milk Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup half and half
- Basil leaves for garnish
Place carrots in microwave-safe bowl and steam for 10 minutes, or until fully cooked. Cool in refrigerator. This may be done a few days in advance.
Sauté onions in olive oil until translucent. Puree onions and carrots in several batches in a blender with cream, yogurt, and broth until the mixture is velvety. Chiles may be puréed with carrots or chopped and added as garnish or a combination of both. Add fresh ginger and stir. Cool soup in refrigerator until ready to serve. Garnish with a dollop of Greek yogurt, basil leaf, and chopped Hatch chiles.