Livin' La Vida Local


It is summer and that means it is also ice cream season. And we are well aware that our selection of premium frozen treats is vast, so we wanted to write a quick primer with the three things you need to know to fully appreciate our July Foodie Find, Lick Ice Cream.

1. It’s delicious. We’re talking “Yes, I am eating the whole pint in one sitting” delicious. Anthony and Chad, the guys at Lick, combine foodie flavors in a fun way that lets each element shine. Their Goat Cheese, Thyme & Honey flavor packs as much goat cheese as honey. Even their Texas Sheet Cake hits you with a rich, chocolaty intensity
 
2. It’s local. The Austin-based company is committed to using only locally sourced ingredients combined in fun flavors. In fact, 70% of the Lick’s ingredients come from the Lone Star State. (The other 30% include things like that just don’t grown here, like vanilla and cocoa.)
 
3. It’s handmade. If you’re looking for proof that Lick Ice Creams are created and packaged by hand, check out lid of each pint. The name of each flavor is handwritten on the rim of every single container top. You couldn’t get any more homemade if you made it yourself! 
 
The great thing about Lick Ice Creams is you must keep checking our Frozen department for more yummy season flavors. You never know what foodie-friendly flavors Anthony and Chad might come up with! 

photo credit: Culture Map Austin
Your message (click here):

3 Comment(s):

Lynn wrote on 8/28/2014 9:08:19 PM

we also need a CM in Vanderpool, TX. I am quite certain it would be economically viable!

Diane wrote on 7/11/2014 3:17:52 PM

It would be even more cool if you could open a Central Market in the Rockwall, TX area.

Liz Grigorian wrote on 7/11/2014 1:09:41 PM

I am so very happy about this!! We love stopping by Lick when we're in Austin - I drag everyone there when we go! Knowing I can just run to CM to get it now is just so very cool!

Make a comment:



Security code